Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mason Jar Sewing Kit

I know, I know. This is a food blog, but I wanted to post about something else tonight!



I follow some blogs on the world wide web, and one of them is the Bower Power Blog. The writer of the blog introduced a challenge of sorts to all of her readers, and I wanted to participate! The challenge is to make something you have "pinned" on the Pinterest.

Pinterest is a website where you can "pin" pictures, ideas, and inspiration of things you like, want to make, places to go, etc. It all goes onto your own page, and you can keep it organized however you like. Head over to pinterest.com to check it out!

So, I decided to make a Mason Jar Sewing Kit. I had to buy a sewing kit recently, and decided it needed to be prettier, so this project was perfect! Here are the official directions, and I have outlined what I did as well below! Martha Stewart Tutorial

Supplies needed: mason jar, batting, cardboard, fabric, hot glue gun

First, take the insert out of the lid of the mason jar, and trace a piece of cardboard and cut it out.


Do the same with the batting.


Then cut a circle of fabric that is larger than the cardboard.



Layer the lid, fabric, batting, and cardboard together...


... and hot glue the fabric onto the cardboard.


The finished product!


The whole project probably took about 5 minutes, and I made two since I am giving one away as a gift. They're pretty darn cute, huh?





Click here to see my pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment