Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's gettin' hot in herrre

So that's why I made sorbet! Now Zach and I have a refreshing treat for these over 90 degree days. My friend, Lindsey, e-mailed a sorbet recipe to me from a blog called backtoherroots. One of her main reasons for sending it to me was that it had white wine in it- which I LOVE! Ah, I miss drinking wine with her!

Anyway, I made...

Peach and White Wine Sorbet

The ingredients, since it was not ice cream, were pretty limited. And I like less ingredients because it means less cost at the grocery store. I needed about 6 peaches, 1/2 cup of  sugar, 1 lemon, 1 cup of white wine, and a 1/2 cup of water. Easy!

I just diced up the peaches...


Cooked them on medium heat for 15 minutes with the sugar and water and some lemon zest...


Added the wine and lemon juice after the peaches had cooled...


And blended it until smooth, and refrigerated overnight.


The next evening, I put the mixture in the ice cream maker for about 25 minutes.


Very stoked about the sorbet!


The texture was really great of this sorbet, unlike some of the ice creams we have made that stay hard. I am not much of a sorbet fan, and for me to like this says a lot. So good! And healthy! You know Zach loves it, he pretty much likes everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment